Sunday, August 30, 2009

Five - Congrats to Guerilla


Can it be? Guerilla Magazine is 5 years old?! Back somewhere near the beginning, Tony Martins, asked to feature my Polaroid transfer work along with a wonderfully written article called "When Nude and Food Become Narrative". Because of being involved with the magazine, Tony contacted me to be part of a retrospective exhibit at OAG, The Ottawa Art Gallery. I have enjoyed many exhibits there, and once had a duo exhibit "brown & pink is the NEW black & white" in the theatre upstairs, with my friend, fellow photographer, Angela Marklew, as part of the Ottawa Fringe Festival. I have never shown in the main gallery so I am excited about it. I wish I could be there. As the invite above states, the event is on September 3rd. The pieces that I will have on exhibit are:

Golden


Eggplant


There will also be a silent auction featuring work by the following artists:
Juan Carlos Noria
Karina Kraenzle
Michael Zavacky
Allen Ford
Susie Osler
Sarah-Jane Schorlemer
Cindy Stelmackowich
Jane Burnstein
Jeremie Roy
Rémi Thériault
Tony Fouhse
Angelina McCormick
Darren Holmes
Jonathan Lorange
La Petite Mort Gallery
Tiffany Teske
Uta Bakowska
Pedro Isztin
Eric Chan
Dipna Horra
Paul Galipeau

The piece that I donated is called "Draped Nude".


I really love this image and if you do, too, then get yourself over to the event!!

2 comments:

gaping whole said...

Wanted you to know that the woman who bought your piece in the auction LOVES it and is thrilled to have it!

Thanks for the support.

cristina greco martins
director of operations, Guerilla

Tiffany Teske said...

Thank you so much, it is always so nice to hear someone is enjoying my work. I appreciate you taking the time to tell me. Did you buy it?