Saturday, August 22, 2009

Emulsion Lift Series - Kiki's Wedding - Image 6 (Final Image)


Sixth and final image in the series that I mentioned in this post.

I promised the letter that I wrote to my friend to go with these images...

Dearest Kiki
Your friendship is something that I cherish even more than words can say. And the best part about it is that I know you know exactly what I mean without my even needing to say anything. I consider you a sister.

I have been working on a series of images from the amazing weekend during which you wed Chris. While I had already made these images into Polaroid transfers, I felt I should push them a bit further and try making them as Polaroid emulsion lifts. They are one of a kind, hand placed on handmade paper from India. They are even lovelier in person. I wish I was at your kitchen table right now, showing them to you while drinking tea, or wine, and eating chocolate...

I will never forget the weekend you got married. It was a wonderful trip for Andre and I, and to be able to stay at the Inn, with you, and friends of yours who have since become friends of ours. I would not have missed being there for the world. Thank you for treating us as if we are part of your family. It was good for my soul to be back in Maine and good for my heart to see you so very very happy. Remember when used to we wonder if we would find our true loves? How lucky for us both that we have...

I have so many rich memories from that cold, gray, rainy weekend in Maine in May. I must say that is how I like Maine best. Call me crazy, many people would, but my favorite Maine is moody Maine. And they say it is good luck to be married when it is raining. That weekend was perfect. The cold dampness only made the Inn, the chapel, tent, and the barn seem more cozy. It was magical to look out over all of your dining friends and family and to see their breath on the air, as they talked and laughed together. They had come together to witness your wedding and nothing could dampen their love for you and Chris. It was beautiful.

All of the other memories in my mind have to do with the timeless elements of your special day and the days surrounding it. The Inn was brought me back in time to an era in which I must have once lived, it just seems so familiar. The curve of the gleaming banister on the wooden stairs; the gilded empty frame that hung above the fireplace, flanked on either side by creamy white antique lamps; the old ornate wing backed chair next to the lacy curtains that let in a bright white light; the antique photographs of both of your grand parents, when they were young; the daffodils and pine boughs on our tables; your lovely dress that was truly made for you to wear, it came alive when you stepped into it; your enchantingly scrumptious cake dressed with twigs and birds a top a round of birch, such a shame to cut it apart but to much of a temptation not to. These remembrances and so many more will live on in my mind and heart for the rest of my days. I am grateful to have been a witness to the first day of the rest of your life.

Love to you and Chris,
Tiffany

(Image and Text by Tiffany Teske)

No comments: