Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Own Private Idaho


This is the first image I ever shot using my Holga CFN 120, my Polaroid/Holgaroid back and Type 80 Chocolate Film from PolaPremium. This film produces prints with pink and brown tones (a palette that some people know I play with, as in this series of work you can see on my Flickr). I took this image about 5 weeks ago while we were driving through Idaho on our way to Washington State to see friends. The images below were also made at that time.


These images make me realize yet again that when we look at old photographs we think that life was so different than it is now, but in reality, it is the way that the image was captured that dictates the feel of that time, not the actual reality of what it may have been like. Does that make sense? It is late, I should go to bed...


Images by Tiffany Teske

2 comments:

~Laurie~ said...

You made perfect sense - I can see the "antiquity" of these photos even though they were just taken. I love the color combination - beautiful!

Tiffany Teske said...

Thank you, Laurie! Glad I was not rambling on, I tend to do that when I should be sleeping...