Friday, March 6, 2009

Town of Banff HomeGrown Art Show

Tonight we had a ball at the annual Town of Banff HomeGrown Art Exhibition. 48 local members of the community, ranging from amateur to well-known professional, gathered to show off their talent. I really appreciate the concept behind this show; it is open to all, no jurying, the more, the merrier! And when you have that many artists showing their work, it becomes a HUGE party... there were a couple hundred people there. The Town takes a small fee from each artist and then furnishes a spread of awesome food, desserts, and wine from local businesses. Yum yum!



My piece was in the main room with the food. I was happy to see it there, partially because it is a nice open room with good light and you can back up and view the work well, but also because I am pregnant so being near the food it important... My piece, titled "Visions of Banff" looked really good. The photo doesn't do it justice... I could not use a flash without glare, so I had to shoot it hand held without flash and it is a bit off kilter. I am going to write a post about the piece in coming days, along with a step by step tutorial. It is a photo quilt. Something new for me. I am planning to do a series of these quilts. I learned a lot while making this one, through trial and error, and I look forward to honing the technique.

Thanks to the Town of Banff for putting on such a fun family event where the residents of our community can shine!

2 comments:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

A huge party with beautiful artwork, food and wine? What more could one ask for:) And, a photo quilt sounds very interesting. Congratulations on the other live artwork, Tiffany!!

Tiffany Teske said...

Thanks so much, Nancy!