Monday, September 1, 2008

Morag, My Dollar Store Doll


January, while in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, teaching a digital travel photography course, I answered a call for submissions for a project called Dollar Store Doll Makeover. I love to search online for submissions that require work to be made with Polaroid film. How thrilled I was to find one that combined dolls and Polaroid! Not only that but the woman who is curating the project, Pamela Klaffke, lives in Calgary and I have since met and befriended her. I look forward to collaborating on future projects with her. This weekend, she was able to get the dolls up online, including Morag, my doll. Each doll has a before and after picture and a short story to go with it. Very cool concept and a fun project to have participated in. It has inspired me to start a collaborative project of my own someday...

No comments: